At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Des Moines. Whether it’s done through our own business practices or creating energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits no matter the season.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with recommendations based on your climate. The three below offer our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This glass also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Consult your Des Moines Pella Showroom to learn about more Pella insulating glass choices or our best product for the Des Moines region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can figure your energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to offer increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Des Moines Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to prevent the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.