Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the aesthetic that guests have when arriving at your Des Moines home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just eager for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and require a few things to keep in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery near a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Accept guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Des Moines, give them a call at 515-219-7723 or schedule an appointment online to consider all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.