Fall is just around the corner in Des Moines, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the ambiance of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are a variety of ways to make levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Des Moines a call at 515-219-7723 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!