Investing in your own space is important, and when it comes time to replace windows, any homeowner will want to be sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s essential to evaluate the style, material and design of a window, but to recognize your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience throughout the years. Here are several of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you might see your heating and cooling costs reduced. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 each year when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows may return 73 percent of the project cost when you sell your house. If you are looking to sell your home in the next couple years, your first step might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for most ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to browse through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and discover the best deals in Des Moines.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has advanced, new glass panes can now help lower fading of your furniture and fabrics from damaging sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements are eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To learn more about the details of green-energy tax credits for the Des Moines area, visit energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the upfront expenses can be daunting. Replacement windows are a great approach to spruce up your space before the fall hits, while also keeping some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Hear more about replacing new windows with Pella Windows and Doors by giving our experts a call at 515-219-7723 or scheduling an appointment with us online.